Your Privacy is Important to Us
We know that you trust us with your personal information, and we take the privacy of our customers seriously. Your personal information is used for internal purposes, such as confirming and tracking your order, informing you of our new products, services and offers, and providing you with information from and about The Printed Peony.
To enhance your experience on this site, many of our web pages use "cookies". Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not divulge your email address or other sensitive personal information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering on our site or signing up for our mailing list. Once you choose to provide a web page with your personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. A cookie is like an identification card that is unique to your computer and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose or need to provide us with additional personal information to fulfill your order, such as the information needed to customize a template when you purchase our optional full service personalization.
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as
1) providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services; and
Why We Collect Your Email Address:
- to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests and questions;
- process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders;
- send you additional information related to your product and/or service;
- market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred;
To Be In Accordance With CANSPAM, We Agree To The Following:
- not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- include the mailing address of our business;
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests promptly;
- allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In accordance with EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy, we have outlined the process for customers who would like to request removal of their personal date including email addresses from our system.
Simply complete the following steps:
- fill out the Contact form located on the main menu at the top of our website;
- in the "Subject" line of the form, include the title "GDPR DATA REMOVAL" and include the email address and other info associated with your account to help us identify your profile;
- submit the form by clicking "Send" at the bottom of the form;
- our site administrators will purge the personal contact information from the database within 48 hours of the request.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as template hosting and editing services, printing and delivery companies, and mailing list services. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If at any time in the future we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
(a) respond to legal process or to government requests;
(b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies;
(c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or
(d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact email below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, The Printed Peony, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may Contact Us.